Induction heating, as a new subject, has been truly applied in the past 30 years. In today's energy shortage, its importance is particularly prominent. Induction heating technology is rapidly improving and its promising applications are becoming more and more extensive.
(1) The first advantage is low energy consumption. The actual billet heating efficiency of induction melting furnaces and induction diathermy furnaces can reach 65% to 75%, while flame furnaces and various chamber furnaces are only about 30%.
(2) This type of furnace does not require the necessary preheating process such as coal furnace, gas furnace and resistance furnace. It is easy to use and simple to operate. It can work continuously for a long time and can be turned on or off at any time as needed. Fully manual, fully automatic or semi-automatic work can also be used, which has absolute advantages in production scheduling.
(3) There is no need to heat the workpiece as a whole, and local heating can be selected, so the electric power consumption is small, the deformation of the workpiece is small and the heating speed is fast, and the workpiece can reach the required temperature in a very short time, thereby oxidizing and decarburizing the surface. When heating defects are reduced to a very low level, it can be used for steel, tungsten, molybdenum and other steel materials, and can also be used for heating or heat treatment of chemically active aluminum, titanium, zirconium, and niobium.
(4) The induction heating equipment can be installed on the production line, which is easy to realize the automation and mechanization of the production line, easy to manage, and can effectively reduce transportation, save manpower, and improve production efficiency.
(5) Induction heating also has the advantages of high power utilization, environmental protection and energy saving, safety and reliability, and good working environment.
Based on the above advantages, when electric energy replaces coal, oil, gas and other non-renewable energy sources in the heating field, it is gradually becoming the dominant energy source. Induction heating is increasingly used in smelting, heating and other fields. Electric heating, especially induction heating, is widely used in broad application prospects. And induction heating equipment manufacturers have broad development space.
The vigorous development of the auto industry has brought unprecedented development opportunities to the auto parts industry. Induction heating technology is also being used more and more widely in the field of automobile manufacturing.
In terms of smelting, casting is a metal processing method that is easy to shape. The casting method can be used to make parts of various sizes and complex shapes on automobiles. It can be said that the best use is made in the development of the automobile industry. Almost all casting processes can do their best in the automobile industry.
The main smelting processes used in the production of foundry auto parts at home and abroad are cupola smelting process, intermediate frequency induction electric furnace smelting process and cupola-medium frequency induction electric furnace dual smelting process. Induction melting furnaces are also gaining in the foundry industry due to their technical advantages.
In terms of heating, according to statistics, in the former Soviet Union, induction heat-treated parts in the automobile industry accounted for 40% to 45% of heat-treated parts. The application and development of induction heating technology is self-evident today.
Induction heating technology is mainly used in the following fields in the automotive industry:
(1) Smelting of metals.
(2) Heating of forging blanks.
(3) Heat treatment of auto parts.
(4) Induction heating curing of auto parts after bonding.
(5) Induction heating semi-solid forming.
(6) Induction heating assembly.
(7) Induction heating brazing.